Every night for the 40 days of Lent…
- take 5-15 minutes at the end of the day
- with your family, spouse, or via phone or Skype with a friend or family member
- and do the “Faith 5.”
The “Faith 5”
- SHARE your highs and lows every night
- READ a key Bible verse or story every night
- TALK about how the Bible reading might relate to your highs and lows every night
- PRAY for one another’s highs and lows aloud every night
- BLESS one another before turning out the lights on the day
Keep it simple
Do it. Adapt it. Have fun with it. But don’t overthink it! The Holy Spirit will use this simple, brief contact (i.e. “communion”) with each other and God’s Word to do holy and amazing things.
Bible Verses and Stories
Click here for a daily schedule Bible stories and verses. (You will also find them in print in the bulletin.) They are related to the scripture for worship on Sundays and Wednesdays. But feel free to follow your nose. There’s no wrong way.