I returned from paternity leave on Monday, and it felt like a lot longer than two weeks had passed!
I am eager to say thank you. First, for the gift of that time. I missed VBS and other All Saints happenings, but in those two weeks at home meant I got to:
- snuggle with two! kids
- change diapers at 3am
- go to Amos’ first wellness visit
- have a family lunch out to celebrate Sara and my wedding anniversary
- walk Susannah to daycare and stop to check out two chipmunks playing, one big spider web, a baby bunny, cardinals, crickets, and respond to the question, “Why don’t animals talk?”
- spend the day at Iowa City with Sara and Amos to investigate his enlarged but otherwise healthy kidneys (he still may grow out of it! even the worst-case scenario minor)
- let mama sleep and get some naps in myself
In addition to the priceless time were other concrete expressions of care: gifts, cards, meals, prayers. All Saints is a congregation of generous people. Thank you from the whole family. You have spoiled us.
And together we get to spoil the world and each other in Christ’s name–igniting passion for Jesus and transforming our neighborhoods. I’m back at it with you, and (miracle!) all four Olson-Smiths will be in worship Sunday.
Thanks be to God, PC