Dear Member of the ELCA in Iowa,
We are providing “Covid: Public Health and the Church” as a resource for the three ELCA synods in Iowa. We are thankful to Dr. Ulysses Burly III for sharing his expertise with all who were able to gather on the 14th. We hope you will share this video widely now.
You may watch the video by typing this link into your browser
Here are four highlights from the presentation that we would like to provide at this time:
- Many are weary of COVID-19 yet, as people of faith, we hold onto hope, praying forward and living into a new normal.
- We join medical experts in urging you to be vaccinated when it is available to you and yours. Listen to the recording to learn more about the vaccinations.
- Continue to wear masks, distance physically, worship virtually or outdoors at a distance (when possible), use electronic giving platforms, in order to reduce the spread.
- Join in prayer for all involved in healthcare, in business, and community leadership in these times, for those who struggle with the disease itself, and for those who grieve those who have died.
- God hears our prayers, sees our needs, and remains faithful to us always. While challenging and difficult, we are people of hope caring for one another.
Bishop Amy Current, Southeastern Iowa Synod
Bishop Andrea DeGroot-Nesdahl, Northeastern Iowa Synod
Bishop Lorna Halaas, Western Iowa Synod